Friday, October 7, 2011

Hello Blogging World

     So here it is, my first post.  There are a lot of blogs out there, so why start another one?  Well, at this point I'm not to sure.  In my dream I would post something interesting/brilliant here several times a week, have thousands of followers, show pictures of a bunch of quilts I have made (need to make said quilts first), and maybe sell some quilts.  Reality?  I'm a mom of a one year old (which means my only quilting/blogging time is when he is asleep).  I've only made about 10 quilts in 10 years.  Though I am proud to say about 4 of those have been finished this year.  Slow start, I guess.
     I have a problem with over thinking things.  This puts a damper on getting anything finished.  Or started for that matter.  I think I'm afraid of making some kind of mistake.  I want to be fearless about making quilts.  Maybe by putting my fear out there and having some imagined reason for letting it go (i.e. knowing someone may be reading this and seeing if I ever get another quilt made) might help me.   Perhaps this blog is just for me, to give me the courage to cut up fabric, sew it together again, and not care if it isn't perfect.  Or perhaps there are other people out there, like me, who just need some motivation to get started and the permission to mess up along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Best reason to start a blog is for yourself! I have found that it REALLY helps me get things finished. I use WIP Wednesdays to spur myself to have stuff to report. (I don't post if I don't, so it really nags at me when I have two Wednesdays in a row without a post!) I started BOMs Away Mondays because there were like 8 block of the month's on my UFO list, and since I'm the host, I HAVE to do at least one BOM work each week to put up. And the really fun things are the Friday Finish link parties (like TGIFF, WHOOP, etc.). I LOVE it when I have a finish to report on those. I count a significant quilt top in flimsy state as a finish for those parties. ;D

    Anyway, use your blog for yourself. And enjoy the social contact with the Blogland community that you can create by posting comments and replying to people on yours. The followers and connections will follow and enrich your blog experience. :)

    ReplyDelete